Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Neck Dissection follow up.

Just got back from my post neck dissection follow up appointment. Dr. Shonka said I was healing beautifully. 


I asked about the ear sensations and pressure I was feeling here and there. He mentioned that being a normal side effect for the surgery I had gone through. I can begin to try to blow some of that pressure out, by pinching my nose and blowing. (like how you push cabin pressure from an airplane flight out of your ears, as an example) 


He also advised that I am cleared to begin taking showers again.  WOO HOO!!!  :) 


Sheila had been cleaning me with these special wipes the hospital gave us, since I was ordered I couldn't shower with those fresh surgical wounds. 


My stitches are also at the stage where I can switch from her applying Bacitracin, to Vaseline instead. 


I'll head back next week for another follow up appointment to see how the healing is further progressing, and will also hear the pathology report from this last surgery, to determine if I will need Chemo or not.  


I'll also meet with the Rad team again to discuss the process and be fitted for my pet mask. 


More soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment