Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cigna's document fiend.

(I'd like to preface this entry, by commending my point of contact in the HR benefits department at the company I work for. She has been a guiding, understanding, and calming light in the nightmare that is, Documentation. Thank you so much, you've been an amazing help.)



Dear Cigna "Benefits" department,
    
Good Afternoon.  


Do you know what Cancer is?   Its one of the world's deadliest killers that human beings either stand up and bravely face, or sadly submit to every day. 

  Do you know what Cancer does to someone physically, emotionally, or spiritually?  


And by that I mean, when they first find out.....when they start on their long road of treatment....when they've finally finished and it's time to let the body rest.....heal.....come back-from the hell it just walked through.

   Do you know someone who's had Cancer, survived Cancer, or died from Cancer?

Well, I shouldn't wonder that a thoughtless, oblivious, and selfish bean counter like yourself wouldn't know how to talk to, or treat someone faced with a situation like this.  

Im a tax paying, hard working, God fearing American citizen. I pay "X amount" of my pre tax dollars, into Short and Long Term disability ''benefits'' all year long. Benefits that are supposed to protect me and my mental well being. 


Well, the first check I received was only for one day of pay and was sent to where I work, INSTEAD OF MY HOME. (WHY ON EARTH...) 


When I filed this claim, I gave them my home address.  Of course they know where I work, but why would they send my check there?  

Despite having my condition already documented, and knowing that I was going back for 2 additional surgeries, and then radiation, do I get hit with "Im going to call the Dr. to make sure he did the surgery.." and,  "You're only getting one more check until we get more documentation about your condition.."  


I haven't even gotten one full disability check yet. The one on the way, will be the only check until I give their document fiend another paper to ''push'' into Cigna's disabled-disability-benefit-vein system.


I have Cancer and in my neck, and its in my 2 Right lymph nodes. Maybe you've heard of the lymphatic system? Considering you don't know shit about the ''empathetic'' system. 


The lymphatic system circulates 'lymph fluid' through our entire bodies. You should look it up and what Cancer can do to that system, instead of looking at the bottom line of your profit margin. You might learn something!


 Im having surgery tomorrow and now have to worry about when my next benefit check will get to me and why I have to keep sending note after note to keep a benefit that I pay for, "turned on" so I can pay my share of the bills.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.


I had to get that out before surgery tomorrow..


Will update the blog once I get home and am resting.

    


No comments:

Post a Comment