Sunday, July 15, 2012

Being summoned to the Water.

Last night I wasn't feeling well. I think because I couldnt get anything into my stomach, and anything  staying down there just wasn't happening.


Around 10pm, I got up and went into the bathroom. I had this feeling wash over me of wanting cool water on my skin and it was a pretty powerful feeling, being drawn to it.


I grabbed a washcloth, got it wet with cold water and started ringing out the cloth over my back and chest, and face. Sheila came in at this time, and couldn't figure out what was wrong.


Neither could I.  She grabbed my Cola Slurpee (which does wonders when your stomach is upset. The Cola soothes your stomach lining. Trust me. 


Try it the next time you have a stomach flu, or other related stomach illness that induces nausea. It works just as good as Ginger ale, if not better. (yes, Ginger is better for you though, but they don't make Ginger ale Slurpees..)


So, I had a few straw fulls and the cola felt good. I wanted more though...more coolness.


I got up from sitting on our toilet and went to the sink.


Turned on the cold water and began wiping my face, neck, head, chest, arms, back, with this cooled down washcloth.  I couldn't stop either. I spent about 5 min each time doing this exercise. It felt so good to me.


I could tell it was freaking Sheila out a little. I got some paper and a pen and told her, I didnt know what was happening, but I knew I wanted cool water all over my body.


So, I got in our tub and sat down while using our hand held shower head, to spray down, as I knelt in the tub. It felt like Heaven to me. 


I wasn't dehydrated, but couldn't keep fluids or meds down.  We tried to crush up this pro-biotic med that helps your "good bacteria" and BOOM..threw that right up. The stomach acid kills my surgical site every time,. It burns so bad. 


That was when I decided it was time to pay the ER at HCA Spotsylvania Reg Med Center, a visit.


 The good nurse and Dr. hooked me to an IV to get fluids into me, added a drug to calm the vomiting, something for pain. I started feeling better almost instantly. 



No comments:

Post a Comment