Sunday, July 22, 2012

A visit from friends and an Experience.


Last night, we had a couple we're good friends with come by to visit. They drove 2 + hours, so we made sure they stayed the night with us in our guest room.


One of my wife's girlfriends also came by with her 11 yr old son.


 He's a big fan of mine, and I, of him.


 He wanted to bring me something to lift my spirits. He bought me a STAR WARS 'Pillowtime pal' that is the Jedi Master, Yoda.


(Thanks for helping him pick it up, I love it.)


After a few snacks and beverages that she brought with her. (save for me not eating any of it--still not on solids). We relaxed for a while, and Sheila filled them in on most of the journey so far. Her friend then gave her a gentle pedicure to help relax her feet and a foot massage. Afterwards we began to wind things down to get ready for bed. 


Because of my med/pain control schedule, I stayed up with our 2 friends for an extra hour in order to take my Thrush and pain conrtrol meds at midnight, while the wife had turned in an hour earlier, to be ready for work.


Which, speaking of the Thrush situation, my tongue is looking a tremendous amount better, and I am feeling a lot better now than where I was this past Monday-Thursday. 


Like, it's damn near night and day how I am feeling now. (Thanks again my awesome nurse friend, you probably saved my life and I am not just saying that either. You really did.)


I am able to speak for a few min at a time, and at a whisper (no more than 3 min really), before my mouth/throat becomes exhausted and its back to "radio silence".  I'd rather rest my voice.


My swallowing has gotten better too. Granted, I do still have a ways to go until I can swallow-hard and w/o discomfort, also with getting it down the right tube. Sometimes, I can swallow w/o issue, others, I need my spit-cup.


(My nurse friend informed Sheila the other day that, my speech and swallowing abilities were likely affected by the sudden on set of the Thrush fungus, when I should've been healing. I can see his point, as my tongue was in some decent pain and I felt like how a pile of garbage smells.


Just before I went to take my meds and turn in, something happened that I've never before experienced in my life. 


I was stretched out on one couch, sitting upright with my legs infront of me.  I was telling them that I was so thankful, that I had so many people around the world praying for me, how lucky I was, having them both there, Sheila, everyone pulling for me, and the subject changed to God for a moment. 


I can't really remember what I said exactly, so forgive me for a second here..the conversation had kept going at this point. (they were now talking, I was still)


Suddenly, I felt this gentle, and warm pressure start to begin to build in both of my ears at the same time,. But it was like moving. Back and forth, like a ''whoosh-ing'' type of feeling and sound. I've never heard or felt anything like that.  


I can say that with conviction too. 


It felt like a force was going in through my ears, and down into my body. Again, in this ''in and out'' rhythm.


It got stronger by the second.  


I couldn't really hear my friends at all anymore and they were sitting right there with me. 


I started to whisper to them what was happening to me, because I wanted someone else to know.  I remember telling them, how calm I felt. I wasn't in any pain at all, and was totally at peace.


I said to them that, I'd never felt anything like this, and I didn't want it to end. The tears poured out of me, as the calm washed over me. 


I told them, I think I can feel him...I think I can feel God inside of me.  It feels so good. 


Then I began to thank him, over and over again and it was as if all of those people sending me vibes, prayers, energy. It reached me, and all at once.  


It continued on for a little over a minute. 


They each put a hand on my shoulder (my back was to them we were facing the TV) told me they were with me, loved me, and then feeling went away shortly after.


I crawled into bed at 12:15am and was asleep 5 min later, or sooner, and slept until 430am. 


That was the longest I've slept since surgery.


Sheila also slept soundly through the night for the first time in a while too and woke up refreshed.


Thank you, God.  


Tony













No comments:

Post a Comment