Friday, July 13, 2012

Recovery from 2nd surgery

Wow...this fucking sucks. I still can't fathom how children make it through having both tonsils removed.  The only guess I can hazard, would be their muscles aren't fully developed yet?  Hence, not a lot of recovery time needed and they jump right into ice cream.


I am taking water by the teaspoon since I can't "just drink it".  It takes me an hour and a few to get through one bottle, one spooned-sip at a time.


I took a fast look back there, and what I saw freaked me out a little. I won't be going back to the mirror anytime soon. 


Producing a lot of saliva and mucus, im able to swallow some, but have to spit the mucus out. 


I hope by tomorrow, I'll start to feel a little better.  Each day I put behind me Im that much closer to not feeling pain. (fingers crossed!)


I would really love to be able to enjoy drinking water. I miss it already and by the spoonful, it takes me being patient, focusing on my yoga breathing and tilting my head down and to the left. 


 Last night, I had 1/2 a popsicle, one bite of ice cream (which was a mistake!! milk produces more saliva and mucus.) and some water. I'll be working on more water through out the day as I need to exercise those throat/neck muscles.


I really can't wait to start feeling better, but need to keep my mind grounded, focused, and take my time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment