Wednesday, July 25, 2012

First shave since 7/11.

Today, my good friend and Barber, met me at a Sally's beauty supply shop to hook me up with a discount, so I could get a pair of clippers to trim down this Paul Bunyan like growth I had accumulated since July 11th. 


After my last surgery, I tried shaving 2 days later and wasted a lot of shaving cream in the process.


I don't know where my head was, probably wired on pain control no doubt.


When I applied the cream, it didn't hit me that I hadn't tried to lift my neck since getting back home.


I couldn't lift it to shave.  


The muscles were too sore from the trauma of the surgery.   I had to wipe off all of that shaving cream and accept defeat for the time being.   :  ( 


There is something cathartic about shaving yourself to a smooth, clean, almost ''Rain-X'' like finish, after coming out of the threshes of pain during the recovery period.   : )  


Each stroke, felt more and more amazing than the last...Watching the hairs dance their way off of the razor, down the drain, as the hot water readied the blades for their next run. 


I feel 5 degrees cooler and so much better.  UVA told me, if I couldn't shave, they'd be glad to. I politely declined the invite, wanting to have that special moment to myself. 


I can't wait to shave again tomorrow, thanks for the help with the hook up on the sweet ass clippers B!


  



No comments:

Post a Comment