Thursday, July 5, 2012

2nd Surgery confirmed: July 11th 2012.

Today, I met with the ENT team and was confirmed for complete Right side Tonsil removal next Wednesday, July 11th. Here is a link to the da Vinci Robot that will be performing the operation guided by the medical team.  Quite impressed and I am glad to have the option.  (less chance for Human error)


http://www.intuitivesurgical.com/


I'll be kept overnight for observation and then sent home in the morning to rest for a few weeks before going back under for neck dissection surgery. 


The Yoga will have to be focused only on the lower body until I am done with radiation therapy. 


 I'll be in too bad of shape to do a lot with the upper half of my body. I will work on my sitting and breathing, in addition to rolling the tennis ball under each foot, to keep my lymph fluid in circulation.  


There are a couple gentle lymphatic massages I can do to my upper limbs, 48 hours post-Op, that will be gentle enough they wont cause harm, but will only help keep those important systems flowing properly. 


 I then headed to the main campus to meet with Dr. Beavers and Dr. Hoard from the Dental dept. 


They had to check my teeth to make sure no cavities are present or other serious issues.  Because the radiation will fry my Saliva glands, a tooth with a cavity, or other dental issue, will breakdown quicker, because of the saliva glands not being able to do their jobs any longer. 


I am lucky my wisdom teeth are already out too, because if they weren't...They would all have to come out before I receive any radiation.


(Whew!!)


I'll take a break where and when I can!


To be Continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment