Monday, July 30, 2012

First night and side effects

Sleeping in a hospital bed wasn't that bad actually. There is no way to roll onto either side and it helps a lot with keeping you in one position.


I can't roll onto my R side, due to the stitches that dot along from below my ear and down to my adam's apple, in addition to the small incision right above my collarbone, where the fluid had to drain from the surgical trauma.


Last night, Sheila and I switched from our normal positions, so that I wouldn't be prone to rolling over onto the R side of my body.


It worked like a charm too!  I still had to get up a few times during the night to control my pain, but at least got some sleep. Not to mention, needing Sheila's help to apply the Bacitracin to my stitches, to prevent them from drying up.


As a result of the surgery and trauma to some of the nerves, I can't feel my right ear and part of my face and neck. The team made me fully aware this could happen, and it has. 


The feeling will return after a few months, and I'll take adjusting to these, vs. not having the use of my Right arm and hand, which could've been the result. 


 Staying thankful amongst an Ocean of changing conditions.  


I have to remain positive, its necessary to continue the fight, and I can always reflect on the fact that there are many people in the world, who are going through much more.  


I have a lot to be thankful for. 



No comments:

Post a Comment