Monday, July 9, 2012

Tooth #13

Today I paid my dentist Dr. Le a visit to fix one of my fillings that had cracked. It was good to see him and his office staff. They're great people and care about their patients.


Before you have radiation therapy of any kind, a dentist checks your teeth for anything that could become a bigger issue after therapy.  Dr. Beavers at UVA mentioned while I was there last week that #13 MOD needed a fixed mesial box.


Tooth # 13 needed to be re-filled to prevent any bacteria from getting in and the radiation playing against the tooth, which could cause a bigger problem in the future.


Taking care of it now because once my saliva glands have been cooked by the radiation, they won't work anymore to protect my teeth. For the rest of my life, I'll have to take extra special care by using a mouth guard appliance to soak my teeth in floride every night for 15 minutes after flossing and brushing. 


I find out what time my tonsil removal surgery is today or tomorrow and will be back to blog on the 12th or 13th, depending on how I feel.


I'll see you on the other side then..



No comments:

Post a Comment