Saturday, July 21, 2012

Fresh air and my new friend..

The last thing my nurse friend told me before leaving for home, went something like this...


Him: "Damn dude, you need to get outside and walk around your yard, get some fresh air..It'll do you some good.."


Me: "Hmm., yeah no shit. Why didn't I think of that?" 


Him: "Well, you haven't been feeling well still, but try, it'll be good for you"


So, about an hour ago, I slid my flip-flops on and headed outside. 




Today, is the first time it's rained in close to 5 weeks.


You want to know what feels amazing? When its raining a fine mist, and I walk around the yard wearing my Reefs, feeling the wet grass lash at my feet.


I walked around the front yard for about 15 min, every so often, enjoying the cool Gatorade I sip slowly through my new friend, the bendy straw.  


This tremendous feat of science and technology helps me swallow w/o too much difficulty. (the straw's length and angle, help push fluids past the worst of the surgical site, and gets the liquid to where I can enjoy it, w/o spraying the inside of my spit cup from choke-coughing it up. 


I took a few min rest, to sit on my steps, since I am still not able to eat solid foods. At least I am moving the lymph fluid by walking around, adding to the needed circulation. 


I did 1 lap around part of the back yard, but didn't want to venture too far, for fear of Ticks. (it's bad this season for some reason or another.) 

I can't afford to have one latch on, especially with this new breed of "Lonestar Tick" that has emigrated to the DC, MD,VA regions. 

(Hey, I don't name them. I can't stand the Dallas Cowgirls, I mean "boys".)

 From what I've heard, if this tick gets a hold of you and has a bite, you will become allergic to eating Red meat.  

 I need to be able to enjoy some meat once I am back on solids and decided I'd enjoy some fresh air on my step instead. It feels so good outside..

More soon..



No comments:

Post a Comment