Sunday, July 29, 2012

Cancer free!

I just arrived home from UVA a few min ago and wanted to update you all


I am so thankful and happy to report, that I am now CANCER FREE!!


The surgery went very well too. 


 The doctors thought they would have to make 2 incisions, one from my ear, to adam's apple, and then beneath that line, near my collar bone. 


I only needed 1 incision.  :) 


The Anesthesia MD told me before going under, I might have to sleep all night under drug control because I might need a breathing tube placed down my throat..


 I told him to make sure I never knew about it, or woke up with it down there. I dont think my mental capacity would've been able to handle the shock from that.


I didn't need the breathing tube kept inside of me.   :)


They said i'd have to have the area stapeled shut afterwards, instead of being sewn up with stitches.


I only needed dissolvable stitches.  :)


I can't thank my surgeon Dr. Shonka and his team for doing an excellent job and taking such tremendous care of me.


When I woke up in PACU, the Rns and techs were amazing, helping control the pain and getting me ready to move to my room. (which was private too, felt awesome having my own space) 


 I remember being in the fog of anesthesia still and one nurse asked me, what are you thinking about right now, Tony? 


I said, Pink Floyd.  


(LOL!!)


The nurses and staff on 6 West ICU were nothing short of angelic, with the post-surgical care they provided to me. 


I have to thank Nurse Kelli and Jessy. You both are amazing nurses and UVA is lucky to have you. 


 It was great getting to know them and building a connection with them during my stay. Thank you both so much, and I hope we get to see each other again one day. 


So, heading back down on 7/31 for my follow up appt. 


I believe it was the energy, prayers, vibes, a positive attitude, and the love from God, that saw me through this last and final surgery, with as little trauma as possible.


Oh, my Right arm wasn't affected either, just some of the nerves in my ear and the R side of my chest.


No big deal, they will return to normal in a few months. 

:)







































4 comments:

  1. Congrats, dude! I was thinking about you yesterday.
    The 26th was my birthday and this is a great present to know you're going awesome! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Tony! Great to hear! it's all about positivity man! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the love! Means the world to me. Sorry I missed your birthday Richie!

    love you guys!

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear this news Tony! Congrats!!
    -tammy d

    ReplyDelete