Monday, July 23, 2012

Solid foods BREAKTHROUGH!!

Today I had a breakthrough and enjoyed my first real solid-foods.  


(I've already lost about 15 or more lbs..)


This morning, after my Thrush meds had been in me an hour, Sheila suggested I try to get some Yogurt down. It has good biotics and cultures to help combat the Thrush, and restore a harmonious balance to my mouth.


I was able to get down a container w/o choking it up and it was delish!  I had an ensure shake later on, just to give me a buffer for my noon meds.. 


My body was craving more solids, so for dinner, I thought I would treat my body, and try some of Panera Bread's famous Baked Potato soup. (Served Mon, Wed, and Fridays only.) 


I am so pleased to say, I was able to destroy the entire cup-sized portion and it tasted better than any Thanksgiving, or Christmas Dinner, I've ever eaten in my life. (Sorry...Nana, Gammy, Gram, Grandma..but I can't lie, it was. ( lol!)


I attacked some of the creamy part first, taking my time, chasing each lovely spoonful with some cold spring water.  I didn't entirely take-out the cups creamy content's, and left a bunch in the bowl, to begin conquering the small, block sized pieces of potato. 


I made it through dinner and it was the most I've eaten since July 10th, 11:50pm, the night before my last surgery.


Im going to have a little more water here, and then enjoy some more yogurt...


 To my container of Boston Creme Pie Yoplait yogurt that awaits it's fate I offer you these words..


READY YOURSELF!











No comments:

Post a Comment