Monday, July 16, 2012

Able to swallow pill form meds!

Today was a good day with a couple of breakthroughs. My sleep schedule has been pretty banged up with having to wake up at odd hours to take my medicine.  I had a nice long nap today in the middle of the day, and I was able to swallow my anti and pro biotics without having to split them apart and taste their awful, but necessary medicines.


Granted, when I got the pill down, I immediately had my bottle of water next to me and began to drink with determination so as not to choke, on the water and pill, like had happened back in the hospital. (of course the post surgical trauma to the back of my throat didn't help my cause that night..)


 I had buried the pill in a small spoonful of mashed up Strawberry fruit bar (you know, the real fruit bars they have in the stores.) and as soon as it entered my mouth, down the hatch-went the water in pursuit quickly behind it.


Im not sure what happened, but all of a sudden, a lot of water began pouring out of both of my nostrils. (yes, i realize there are holes that connect the Nose and Throat)


I could tell the pill made it back and was so relieved to be swallowing a pill, I didn't even care there was a waterfall pouring out of my nose! (lol!)  It actually felt refreshing in a sense.


Im ok with having to experience my own personal ''waterfall splash park", as long as it means never having to taste those meds ala powder ever again. 







No comments:

Post a Comment