Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Radiation and Chemo Super friends.

I just got back from my mask fitting and it wasn't fun at all. As you can see, it goes part way down my chest. It went on wet and got firmer by the second as it dried and molded to my body. 

Even though, I tried to transport myself to a happy place, it was a little too much for me. 

I wasn't allowed to open my eyes, or mouth during the entire process, which with CT scan lasted 20 min.

It felt like an hour.

Im so thankful it's over..  

Below is a picture Sheila snapped before having to leave the room.  Beneath it are pictures of the radiation and chemo friends that are guiding me through the rest of my journey. I'll still see Shonka and crew at the clinic once I'm through with treatment, and every 3 months for follow up appointments.




Here is my Chemo MD, Dr. G, who I met 2 weeks ago.  She is amazing and was so warm and welcoming to Sheila and I.  She's the best! The camera picked up what I believe is her aura, its blue and beautiful, just like her. 






Finally, the members of my Radiation therapy team..From Left to Right, Dr. Wilson, me, and Dr. Read.



I am so thankful to be receiving treatment at UVA. I can't think of any other place I'd be. 



3 comments:

  1. There's a certain joy and comfort that radiates from your smile, buddy. I just wanted to tell you that and remind you again how much I(we) love you and that you continue to gain momentum with each stride you take. BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Almost there my dearest BFF. I love reminders. Nothing better than being reminded by the ones you love too. I can see the summit's peak as I make my way through the last valley.

    The sun warms my face, its glow calm and assuring, casting the fear and shadows to fall behind my steps, I ready my spirit at base camp, to ascend the face of this last mountain.

    I love you and I love him.

    See you on the other side! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tony, radiation is rough. There's no 2 ways about it. I had to take Ativan for the first week to keep me calm. I know you now know, it feels very claustrophobic. But, with your attitude I have no doubt you'll be fine throughout the treatment.

    If it helps, know that I went through it and I'm ok now. You're tougher than me!

    Keep it up, buddy!

    ReplyDelete