Monday, August 6, 2012

A big day ahead of me..

Tomorrow I've got a big day ahead of me back down at UVA. 


We'll hit the dental dept first at 9am to pick up the appliance I was molded for a few weeks ago. I'll use this to soak my teeth in a special rinse each night for 15 min, once I start radiation to protect my teeth from breaking down. I've been great about my oral hygiene for years now, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.


Afterwards, we'll head over to see Dr. Shonka for another follow up and he'll have the pathology results from my neck dissection surgery. I know I'll get good news, I just know it! 


Then, we'll head over to Sheila's grandparents to relax since my Dr. appt is at 11am, and I'll have a light lunch before heading back to UVA at 2pm for my appointment with Dr. Reed and the Radiation Oncology dept.  I'm glad Sheila will get to meet this part of the team finally too. They're amazing people and I can tell they care a great deal about me. Dr. Reed came up with the "Tomo method" of Radiation therapy. He's a brilliant and blessed man. 


I think I am being fitted for my pet mask, so I am getting myself prepared mentally for that and am thinking nothing but positive thoughts. 


A good friend of mine told me yesterday, "You're going to be so much stronger when you get through this.."  


He was right and I am glad he reminded me.  Because I am. 


Im still pretty uncomfortable with the nerve endings ''waking up'' and am about out of the pain control they wrote for me on Sunday July 29th. 


(it would make your head spin if you knew how many pills I've gone through, to keep the pain at bay. The shit is serious people. To quote my friend Larry "It's Cancer, not the flu...") 


 I only have enough left to make it to tomorrow. My muscles still ache and my collar bone, neck and shoulder are pretty swollen still. 


See you on the other side...when I get back. 


Wish me luck!  :) 


p.s. Each day i am reminded and amazed at the people i know, the friends i have and how their love knows no bounds. wether we've ever met or not, know that you mean so much and that your energy, vibes, strength, love and caring are safely tucked away inside my <3.  I am so blessed and fortunate for each and every one of you and I thank God for the routes my life has taken. When I trace each route back to the beginning points, all I can do is smile and say Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment