Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First shave in a month!

Yesterday I felt safe enough to trim down the jungle of growth that took residence on my neck and face. Thankfully, the guards on my clippers glided the vibrating blades across the scar on my neck.

I still felt a little uneasy doing it, but took my time and went slowly over the area. 

It didn't turn out Picasso-like, but none the less, I got most of it down. 

Later this morning after my PT, I'll do another run and might try my razor and shaving cream. We'll see how confident I'm feeling at that point. 

I'd like to have a lot of it tamed before my follow up appointment on Thursday with Shonka and team, and then my mask fitting/CT sim. 

Yes, I deleted my last rant against Cigna...After talking to my wife last night, I came to a realization that this is the shit-storm process I have to submit to and have no real choice in the matter. 

It's just the redundancy of paperwork that is so aggravating. I've probably signed the SAME Hipaa form about 5-6 times now......(rolls eyes, sighs, and am moving on..) They want to talk to UVA after EVERY appointment...By all means, have fun calling them for the next 6 weeks, bastards! (LOL!!) 

I'll have my Social Sec disability interview next Tuesday and can't wait to be trapped on the phone for an hour. (insert sarcasm) 

The list of information I have to compile is quite outrageous...Especially considering I won't be out for a full year. As soon as I am ready to go back to work, I'll end up canceling this process for SS disability.


  • Need all doctors treating since your date last worked-doctor’s name, addresses, phone number’s, and first, last, and next doctor’s visit.
  • If you have been in the hospital since you stopped working, we will need the name, address and phone number of the hospital and the approximate dates you were there.
  • A list of all your current prescription medications and the doctors’ name who prescribes each medication.
  • Your Work History for the past 15 yrs – Job titles, job duties, approximate dates job titles were held, and current employer’s physical address.
  • A copy of your W-2 from last year.
  • A copy of a recent check stub from your employer or approximate gross earnings until date last worked.
  • The approximate amount of Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability that you have received.





  • If you received any sick pay, vacation pay, bonuses or commissions after the date you stopped working, we will need to know the approximate gross amount of money paid to you.
  • If you are currently married we will need your spouse’s name, date of birth, social security number & date of marriage.  If a previous marriage ended in divorce and lasted less than 10 years, we will not need this information.   If you were married over 10 years and it ended in divorce, please provide your ex-spouse’s name and approximate dates of marriage & divorce and date of birth or approximate age.
  • If your spouse is 62 years or older and receiving retirement benefits, we will need their monthly benefit amount. If your spouse is currently working, we will need their annual earnings.
  • If you have any children under the age of 19 and still in high school, we will need the child’s complete name and date of birth.
  • Do you have any dependents that were disabled before the age of 21? If so, you will need the dependent’s full name, DOB, and SSN.
  • If you have ever received Worker’s Compensation benefits, we will need to know the approximate amount paid and approximate dates when benefits were paid.
  • If you have received any other type of public benefit since you stopped working (state disability, public assistance, unemployment, etc.) we will need to know the approximate amount that you received and the approximate time frame you received that benefit.
  • If you have ever served in the military we will need the start and ending dates.
  • If you are receiving VA benefits, we will need the monthly amount.
  • If you were not born in the U. S., please have your citizenship papers/naturalization papers in front of you for the interview.
  • Have you filed for Medicare?
  • Please have Checking/Routing number for Direct Deposit
I can't wait to get started with treatment, I am still in some nerve pain, but it's more manageable with the meds I'm on.  The PT is helping me too, I can tell. 

woo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment