Saturday, August 18, 2012

Dr. G and the Chemo team.

Had a nice meeting with Dr. G, the head of the Hematology/Oncology dept at UVA. She was a very nice Doctor and so welcoming to me and Sheila. I gained another fan of my tattoos and of the artist that donned my body with them, Mr. Kenny Brown Esq. aka Dreamboat aka Woodbooger. 

 She informed me that I'll be getting at least 2 doses of Cisplatin a chemo drug via IV. If I am up for it, I'll get one more at the very end.  We'll see about that last one..I might just soldier up and accept it to be rid of this monster. 

Dr. G went over the side effects with me and how the doses will work. I'll get a bag of regular fluids, then the Cisplatin, along with something for pain and nausea. She said they've come a long way with the Chemo drug and hopefully I won't get sick at all.

There is a chance though, I'll get a fever. If I do, I'll need antibiotics, which will mean, another case of the Thrush.

At least this time, we'll be ready for it and can keep it at bay while I finish the antibiotics. Im hoping I won't get the fever, but knowing me, I probably will.   We'll deal with that later. 

The first day of rad will be a long one, as I'll go for the rad, then have my first chemo session. I can imagine it will feel like I've been hit by a train, but we'll stay positive and will deal with it as it comes.

I am so anxious to get this over with, I hope the 6 weeks flys by.  I really do. 

It will be hard not having Sheila there with me. I know I can make it, but man, it's going to fucking suck not having her around..

At least, she'll be able to take a week off near the last part of it, to be with me and take care of me. She takes such awesome care of me too, I am so lucky to have her. 

I am still sore and relaxing from the neck surgery. At least I am sleeping a little better though. That helps. 

Going back to see Dr. Shonka on the 30th and have a CT scan with the rad group, in addition to being fitted for the mask I'll wear during radiation. Im not too afraid of it anymore either.

I have a lot of strength in me to continue and finish this fight. This Cancer has taken a lot of things away from me and Im real pissed about that.  Im using that energy to toughen up and FINISH THIS BITCH.

More soon, god bless and thanks for continuing to follow me.  

Im half way out of hell and can't wait to get to the other side.   Oh, I'll be posting pics soon of the amazing people at UVA that have been caring for me. I have a pic of Dr. G and will capture the others before posting...more on that soon! 

T

No comments:

Post a Comment