Sunday, August 5, 2012

More breakthroughs!

Today was a better day for me in the arena of swallowing and eating.


It seems in the past 24 hours, my body has started to readjust to swallowing. Its like my body is adjusting itself/me, and helping to train me to swallow hard again, on its own.


(meaning, just as you grab your bottle of water, fork, spoon, or handful of food, and its down the hatch nice and normal, without a thought, effort, or feeling..)


It feels great.  I am able to put a little more on the fork or spoon now and am gaining tremendous confidence with each bite. 


Thank you God!!  :) 


I still will tilt my head to the Left for safety, but during dinner tonight, I found myself getting more comfortable with getting back to a normal swallow. 


My mashed potatoes just got a little more exciting too, by adding some shredded beef. It was like the first time I've had a complete meal in over a month. 


I forgot how harmonious the flavor that is paring meat with potatoes. 


It was like heaven. 


Had a couple of strawberries this morning for the first time too.  I forgot how refreshing and clean their sweet flavor was. 


 It took me back to when our Nana would cut and prepare them for us as kids. 


I think she would add a pinch of sugar, or powered sugar and they would soak in this sweet nectar for a night before we'd destroy them.  :) 



 I even had my first piece of toast with butter for breakfast, and was able to get through it just fine. 


 Slow and steady wins the race! 















No comments:

Post a Comment