Friday, August 3, 2012

Sleeping soundly!! :)

Sleep is something our bodies and minds need to be able to function the next day. We can't ever catch up the sleep we lost either. Its one of those things that isn't possible.  


Last night I was able to sleep soundly, all the way through the night, for the first time since my last surgery on the 27th.


Sheila said that she was worried I wasn't breathing, since I didn't snore or move around much. She kept checking me to make sure I was still breathing, god bless her.   :)


I only woke once during the night and that was because it was time to clear my throat of the garbage that collects back there. 


It felt so good to be down and out, from around 745pm until 4am this morning.  Once I cleared myself out, I passed out again until 645am. I did move from our bed to the couch, when I woke, just as a preventative measure, in case I did start a coughing-hacking fit. 


 I thanked God for helping me to rest w/o issue last night. I feel so good right now, so rested. 


 I can't even describe it. 


I am thankful, Sheila was able to get some decent shut-eye too.  She didn't have to employ her ear plugs last night and that's progress for sure.  Guess we'll see if we can keep the streak going.


more soon and thanks for keeping up with me.


:)   







2 comments:

  1. Is it possible you're not snoring anymore because they took part of your tonsil and tongue out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure exactly Rich. I was snoring the past few nights since coming home from the last surg, so, no I don't think its because of what they removed. They did take the entire tonsil out too, not part of it. They removed a piece of the tongue that was in front of the tonsil, so the cancer wouldn't have a chance, to leap-frog into my tongue.

    ReplyDelete