Friday, September 14, 2012

Week one of Rad and Chemo down..

It feels so good to be back home. I really missed Sheila and our cat Sefu.  

The first night, I didn't get my chemo drugs down correctly and almost got sick. That wasn't fun at all. I should only have to take them until tomorrow per the doctor's order. 

I can't feel, smell or sense the radiation they're beaming into both sides of my neck (Dr. Read suggested we hit the other side of my neck too, just to be sure, no arguments from me in that regard.)

They scan me first to make sure its aimed correctly (about 7-8 min), then pull me out come in press a few buttons, and then the dose starts for 7 min.  The atavan they prescribed me, helps calm me down a lot wearing the mask. I have to admit, when they first clamp me down, my pulse rises for a few min, until I can breathe it back down.  Drifting away in my head to happier places, does help. 

The 7 min dose wipes me out. I feel for the patients that have a higher dose, and at longer intervals.  :(  

 I am so lucky to have Paw-Paw driving me to my appointments. Granted, I'd make it back to their house, but the company is nice. I think next week, we're going to stop at a local eatery for some biscuits and gravy after my appt. Its a mom n pop operation and Paw-Paw gives it the green light.

Once back at their place, I have a little breakfast and have to lie down for a nap almost immediately. Usually Im down for about 2-3, sometimes 4 hours and feel a little better at that point.

Still getting the hang of the dental soak I have to do at night. The past 2 nights, hiccups have plagued me and it makes it tough to get through the 15 min of it. 





I returned the jet pack to verizon. The idiot salesman actually thought I'd be dumb enough to "purchase" a boosting antenna.......

I said, if you're giving it to me for free I'll take it, since I wasted all of this money for a product you said would work and hardly did. 

No response...

I was proud of myself for not losing control and acting up. The original saleswoman said, oh , im so sorry it didn't work....I left her with a "Yeah, me too...Thanks..."

Any ways, more over the weekend possibly. Thanks for following and sorry for the delay...

At this point, I won't have internet access from Mon-Friday afternoon since Verizon fell short on their end of the bargain. So, please stay tuned for weekend updates. 

God bless,
  T

No comments:

Post a Comment