Saturday, September 22, 2012

Side effects.

One of the worst side effects is how food tastes, or doesn't taste. Its depressing looking at something and wondering if its going to taste good or not. Most of the time, it doesn't taste like anything. 

But I have to keep eating.

I don't want the feeding tube inserted into my stomach. And I'll do everything I can to make sure I don't get one.

Some of the things that still taste good are:

macaroni and cheese, tuna fish w/ miracle whip, bananas, hamburger helper (italian flavored), bagel bites (w/pepperoni), vanilla ice cream, yoplait strawberry/banana yogurt, cheeseburgers, beef stew w. potatoes. There are a few others, but they escape me at the moment.

I can't wait until food tastes good again. 

My mouth is starting to get sore, and this morning, I noticed my throat is beginning to hurt. They told me this would happen due to the radiation. It was only a matter of time.

I also have what my PT Larry calls, "Nuke spit". Its when the saliva begins to change into a stickier substance. When normal people spit into a sink, it runs down the side of the basin.

My spit sticks to it and doesn't move.

During the day, Im not too affected by this, since I am drinking constantly. It happens more over the night while sleeping. It leaves a pretty ugly taste in my mouth. Sometimes, I have to get up to rinse out with my 1/2 baking soda, 1/2 salt rinse. That combination also helps with the soreness in my mouth.

The muscles in my neck are taking a beating. They feel achey and tight from being microwaved.

Im starting to get these bumps on my neck, shoulder and upper back. They aren't pimples, but red and raised up. I'll mention it to the docs on Tuesday (Tuesdays are the days I see the MDs after my dose). 

I'm sure its another side effect as they seem to have cropped up the past 2 weeks. 

They aren't painful, but sure do itch a lot. 









No comments:

Post a Comment