Friday, September 28, 2012

3 down, 3 to go..

Just home for another weekend of rest from RAD therapy. This morning was a bit surreal, as the neck hair on my beard simply began to shed itself, from the effect of the radiation. 

It was as if I had shaved it myself, but a cold, wet washcloth simply wiped the hairs from my neck. 

Weird shit. Almost dream like watching it happen.  

I knew it was coming, just didn't know when and it looks like week # 3 was the draw. 

At least I don't have to worry about shaving over my scar. (BONUS!!) 

My throat is hurting more and more, and my mouth tastes disgusting. I have to get up in the middle of the night, every night to rinse out with my special mixture. I rinse a few times during the day too, to keep the bad bacteria at bay.

Have to admit, I am a little worried if my teeth will begin to disintegrate once I'm through all of this.  I am taking the best possible care, its really out of my hands though.

Really hoping next week will be my last round of Chemo. I'll find out for sure on the 5th from Dr. G if I'll be getting that 3rd bag of Cisplatin. Fingers crossed I won't.

The patchwork pain has been surfacing here and there. Im dealing with it as it comes upon me and telling myself that fantastic quote Larry has tattooed on his arm...."Pain is weakness leaving the body.."

It helps. 

Thanks for continuing to follow me as I finish this bitch off once and for all.

;]

T


No comments:

Post a Comment