Friday, October 5, 2012

Chemo Round 2

Just getting settled in and receiving my bag of magnesium and sodium chloride for my second and last round of chemo. From the way they explained it to us, the 3rd round is something I can either elect to have, or pass on. Im passing on it, no thanks! 

Dr. G mentioned my white blood count being low, but not enough to merit me not getting today's dose.

There is a sight chance I will get a fever and infection, something we'll have to keep an eye on.

My stomach has been upset since Wed, so I'll have to leave her a certain sample before going home today. She thinks I might already have an infection. Fingers crossed I don't.  

If I do, it will mean a fever for sure, antibiotics and the dreaded Thrush coming back. 

I'll be back on throughout the day as I'll be here for about 7-8 hours. 

Thought I'd add a pic that shows the amount of radiation I receive with each treatment. It also shows the R side is receiving more than the Left. The guys on my team were nice enough to show me this earlier in the week and sent me a screen shot of it.  Lasers!!

 I feel more and more drained with each treatment. Im starting to get the radiation ''sunburn'' on my neck too and sleeping on the right side has become a challenge. The muscles are sore from being microwaved.







No comments:

Post a Comment